Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 28 of 52

What can I say……except I'm very grateful it's MONDAY…..it's a new week a new beginning and we'll just not really go into what has happened in the past 4 weeks!!

BIG NEWS……we're moving back to Austin!  Don't know any more details than that…..I'm back in the Limbo game and have added the CHA CHA steps to the dance!

Where was this move two years ago when I wanted to go back to all my friends….BUT no…..so did I sit around and mop for more than two years……NO I finally got hooked in with a REALLY fabulous, talented group of peeps…..we are just on the verge of something….not really quite sure what but we've been invited to join our PMC instructor to do shows with her…..I've FINALLY found a teacher with metal fabrication/design knowledge that could really move my work ahead and this weekend I took a stamp tool making workshop that will add another dimension to my work……so I finally feel like I'm moving in the right direction and I'm having the rug pulled out from under me AGAIN.

To top that off a very dear friend is giving me another opportunity to get published in her 3rd Zentangle book……I blew it on the 2nd book and couldn't get my design ideas together in time….and to be honest, I'm sure I was doing the self sabotage dance!
What was the quote I just read this week, can't find where I wrote it down…..but it goes something like….no need to push forward, just need to get out of the way!
I've tried a number of things to get my groove on….and I keep coming back to metals……I REALLY LOVED working with the grinder this weekend, getting dirty and making something beautiful…..I am hoping for the time when I can escape into a space where I can do those creative ideas that keep popping in my head….there are so many that don't seem to come to life only because I don't do them….I'm tooooo busy spinning around looking for my place!

Okay enough of the sad sack stuff…..think I'll try what has been so successful for my friend…..do some escaping into a zentangle or two, heehee!

Oh here is a snap shot of some of the molds I was making while house/pet sitting in Austin over the 4th….
Haven't had a chance to see how they turned out just yet!  My plan was to do some PMC in them….1st copper then silver!



Not sure if I showed you all this………but this is one of my PMC pieces…..I like the way it turned out….a little shinny for me….still need to tone it down with some patinas!
Had a little set back with the bronze metal clay we worked with…..just has lots of problems in compared to the silver but of course the cost is also huge as well!


Okay I'm signing off the the night…..until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment