Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 15 of 52

Wow what a week! Thank God it's Monday!  I can't wait to share all that I learned this week!

First, let me share some inspiration ..something to think about…..it seems to be fitting what I'm into  right now……

"I believe it's in our nature to explore, to reach out into the unknown.  The only try failure would be not to explore at all" Ernest Stackleton

So exploring we shall go…..First part of the week I spent hours at school drilling holes in rocks...something I've been wanting to do for a long time!  I had such a blast I couldn't stop, heehee!

Ideas were just popping in my head as I was drilling...all those things that I've been saving up to do.  Can't wait to see how they turn out!
That's the funny thing about ideas....you take that idea, then you create in your mind what you think it should look like...then try and make those two things match, heehee!
So we'll see how those ideas progress…..

Here are the stones before they become ..... Well who knows that they will become....that's the exciting thing about ideas, isn't it?




The 1st project is almost finished.....I've stacked several small stones and am making a small pendant for Miz Riley's birthday present .... There's one special stone that looks like a little heart..can you see it in the top photo??...I've put that on the top and will write her a special note!!  I'm working on a braided  cord to hang it on....that moves me into the next new thing I learned this week....Kumihimo!

On Saturday, I went to the Wire meet up group and our project for this Month was beaded Kumihimo....very interesting!  Can't say I liked it...mainly because mine, wasn't turning out the way it was suppose to....think I didn't understand the importance of tucking the bead under the thread!

Now I'm not saying I'm giving up on learning Kumihimo....just don't think the beading part is my thing!  I'm trying it again...this time I'm using two different colors of purple threads (Riley's favorite color) ....so far it's looking 400% better than what I did on Saturday......I'll take some photos when done....but here's a peak of how it looks now…a work in progress!





Interesting right?  It's not very long just yet……hope to have it finished tomorrow!

Wow and I haven't told you the most fabulous part of this past week…Friday, my husband and I went to the Main Street Festival in Ft Worth...it's an incredible Art show...AND I was wearing one of my spoon skulls necklaces...several artist commented on it, thought it was really cool...I said maybe we could barter an exchange ...they thought that was a great idea....THEN in one booths that I was admiring the artist work, he started asking me about the necklace then one of his customers (friend) asked if she could buy one
...of course I said yes and showed her photos of the ones I had finished...but she wanted one, more like mine..a bit rounder....sooo I now have 4 more almost finished...just need the scribing done...how exciting is that!!  I was thrilled 1st to have them notice then to say something about it….sure makes you feel good about what you are doing when something like that happens!!

Okay I've got to close now, I'm down to the last 5% of my iPad battery and I'm about to fall asleep...it's going to be a fun and full week coming up for....I hope it's a great one for you as well!
Happy Easter to one and all!
Hope you get the chance to explore something new in your life…….go Explore!!
Til next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment