Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 16 of 52

TGIM………..Whew I'm so glad it's Monday……new week with new things to do!!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  We had the opportunity to visit our boys and their wives….together we put on a meal that would surpass any 5 star restaurant …… and I learned a ton of new gluten free websites to help stick to a gluten free food program……now don't get me wrong, I've tried before, but I'm just not ready to give up on all glutens!!
Okay enough about food…..this is about ART…….
So this is what I did this week!
Last week I told you about doing some Kumihimo……well I was much more happy with this weeks work than the last week…..just not interested in adding beads at this time!!
Here are the results………...

This one was a total experiment ….. it's really too thick for what I had in mind….but it was fun to see what this cording would do…….


Now this is the same cording with the nylon thread…..1/2 and 1/2….I like it so far (it's not finished yet!!)  It really makes the turquoise color pop!


I also showed you last week, the stones that I drilled…..well this is the finished necklace I made for my granddaughter's birthday present!  Just found out she thinks I'm sending her a sewing machine….whew we sure had some miscommunications on that one!!


Here's the full view of the finished necklace!!


This is the 1st one I made for her…..I didn't like the purple with the green stones, so I did the other one…..but her favorite color is purple, so I'll send it to her along with the green one…...in fact she just got glasses and she choose purple ones…..gotta love a 11 year old stepping out with purple glasses……just love it!!

Looks like that's about all I got finished for the week…..the holiday threw me off a bit…..then at our Jewelry Junkie meeting I worked on some air chasing on some copper sheeting……it's turning out rather interesting, in a good way….I just need a ton more work on it!

I'm hoping to get it to a stage so that I can take it to the polishing/finishing class I'm taking this next weekend!  I've got a few things that I hope to clean up easier and better than what I can do now…..or at least that's the goal anyway!

So I'm going to leave you with something that I read and think it's a good one for the week!!
Hope you enjoy it as well…………

"Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past.  Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you get for it, but what you become for it.  Shake things up today!
Be You…..Be Free…Share!"  Steve Maraboli

Go out and create some beauty….. that is inside of you and share it with the world!!
See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Whatever you make looks interesting and finely crafted! The Kumihimo braiding is a wonderful addition to your drilled stones. Well done!

    ReplyDelete