Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 14 of 52

Again I have to say…….Thank God it's Monday!!
It has been a fun filled week kids, can't wait to share with you all that I learned!!
BUT first I didn't get back with you with an inspirational message…….soo let's do that NOW

"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" by Erich Fromm

Well this certainty plays into what I did this week…….let me show you!



This was something that Cheryl and Megan from Ten Seconds Studio showed several of us, and I must say we were WOWed…..just loved it!  Yevette and I tried it our weekend together, then I took my leather and some tools over to the Jewelry Junkies and we played some more!!
My favorite was using the embossing envelopes like the "love" one shown at the top!  I can't wait to try the gazillion envelopes I have……I'm sure I'll run out of leather before I run out of embossing envelopes that I have, heehee!  

It's an easy peasy project……you will need leather, spray bottle of water, a decorative embossing envelope and your big shot machine……actually any of the embossing machines will work!
The trick is NOT to use toooo much water, just a good spray all over (front and back)  and NOT too much pressure when you slide the machine over the envelopes…..on some we needed some extra cardboard to put just a little more pressure but not toooo much…….it's best to experiment just for fun!!
Haven't come up with a project for these pieces just yet but I know I will soon!
I had an idea of attaching pieces of the leather to some pieces of copper and make a bracelet…..still thinking on it!!

I finished up my skulls…….added the marks on the faces with the Dremel Scribe…..check it out and let me know what you think!  I might have gotten a little carried away with a few, heehee!







With a little liver of sulfur these bad boys will be ready for Prime Time, don't you think?
They are just a bit toooo shiny for my taste……then it's Etsy here we come!!
Or so that's the plan for this next week…….AFTER I get out of the garage……that's another story NOT ready for prime time, heehee!
I've gotten the back corner of the garage, repacked and tighten up …… even found a few things that had been missing!  Now I'm in the front next to the ART room door……I had been piling stuff up and then couldn't get thru the door…..crazy!  Most of the things that were in the pile were empty boxes that were suppose to be put in the attic…..well if you can't get to the attic….it becomes a pile!!
Sooo after spending the entire weekend in the garage I am proud to say…..there is no longer anything blocking the way to the attic, in fact I've made 4 or 5 trips up there with only one more to go……our Xmas lights….but I need some help with that one!!  Then I'll be able to bring down our old kitchen chairs that have been up there since we moved into this house……I'm most excited about that…..I LOVED those chairs!!
Okay…..it's still early so I want to get back to the garage…..my goal is to have it 100% done from one end to the other, within the month of April…….so wish me luck!!

Here's another great inspiring quote……

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Eleanor Rooseveltt

Sooo much wisdom in those words!
Go and live your dreams!!
Create Create Create

No comments:

Post a Comment