Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 13 of 52

TGIM......That's right it's Monday!  How crazy is it.....I was more than half way finish with my posting and it totally disappeared....soooo here we go again!  I'm sorry it was much funnier the 1st time around!

Opps here I found it … it was hiding in the drafts…….this was how things started……

TGIM...that's right it's Monday...hip hip hooray....it's a new week...a chance to do something special!
Whew...what a weekend...it was Bead Fest ....it was my first!
Still mixed feelings about it....I took an enameling class.....met and fell in love with Steven James...he was a hoot!  Now for the class, it was mine boggling to say the least.....way tooo much info for me to process in three hours...we were rushed and didn't even get ONE sample completed.....guess my expectation were expecting something more!  Now that's not to say I didn't learn a lot...some things totally opposite of what I was taught before...hard to process

****  Here's where I got shut down and everything disappeared……sooo here I started over and some I was able to recreate….bare with me some will be a repeat……..*****

It was an interesting weekend .... full of fun and learning....some absolutely a blast.   Being with friends is always the best part of  any time.....this weekend was Bead Fest, my first!  I got to visit with old friends and meet new ones...and then a zillion and a half new ideas for jewelry making....fun fun fun!

I also took two classes, one in enameling and one in PMC .... First I met and fell in love with Steven James...he was such a hoot....I loved him...not so much the enameling  workshop!  It was mine boggling ... I'm afraid my expectations might have been expecting too much......there was soooo much info in such a short period of time and a good deal of it was in total conflict to what I had learned before...now that was hard for me to process in a short three hour class!  That's not to say I didn't learn things....just didn't even finish one sample...geez!  No handouts, no finished samples...just disappointing... that's all I can say!
Would I take another class from Steven James....absolutely .... I'd just want it to be longer than 3 hours!

Now that was Saturday and if it was not as expected....Sunday was a total disaster ....not anything like what I expected and was very disappointed in the results!  It may have been a bad batch or bad mixture of a new clay idea……regardless it was not successful!  Several of the rings broke, including mine!!
Here is a photo of my organic ring in the works……….



It was looking okay before firing….what I was most excited about is that it FINALLY stayed on the mandrel AND believe me that was a feet to say the least!!  Our clay dried out then we would wet it…..so then it was toooo wet!  Back and forth back and forth…..just NOT fun!
We ALL had problems with this project even Donna Lewis the teacher……geez sooo frustrating  THEN after it was all done…..fired and all…..it was toooo small….can you believe that??
What we think happened…..those two ladies that didn't have to keep reworking their clay…their rings were to large …… those of us who had to REALLY work the clay our rings were toooo small…….soo go figure!  Again would this keep me from taking another class with DL….NO…she was just as upset as the rest of us …… wish I was a fly on the wall when she gets home and calls the company to tell them of the results…..there will be some burning ears that's for sure!!
Donna Lewis is a class act…..she took home out broken rings and will repair them and mail them back to us!  I do hope she lets us know what happened with the company and I hope they in turn send her new product and she in turns sends us some new clay to work with!!  It was WAY to expensive not to have SOMETHING to show for it…..especially since this was my Bday present from GB….grrrrr


This is the back of the ring so I could id it after it was fired……you can just imagine what it would look like with all of us trying to remember what our ring looked like, heehee!
Have I been turned off of PMC…..no…just not as excited as I was about it!
I did meet some ladies at lunch that are here in the Dallas area sooo will probably hook up with them for something else!

Not all was lost during the weekend……..a new friend from our Jewelry Junkie group can and stayed with us……had such a good time with her…..GB showed off his bar tending skills with some GT's on Saturday night with my home made chicken enchiladas……we were laughing on Sunday that we sure NEEDED those GT's…the PMC was driving us to drink!!

Well kids I am about to fall asleep here at the computer so I need to say goodnight!
Good night one and all!
I'll post an inspiration for you all later in the week……I've written down several!!
Nighty night…..sweet dreams of ART!



No comments:

Post a Comment