Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 10 of 52

Thank God it's MONDAY…….I've been chomping at the bit to tell you all that I've gotten done this past week…….you remember seeing the workstation that I finished…..well I did another one!!
AND the incredible thing was that I was able to move it around on Saturday after I had finished it and work on another project that I wanted to finish up as well…….sooo it worked as it was intended…..I wanted to be able to move these guys around to whatever needs I had for a workstation!
Here's an example of what I was able to do………




I took this stain glass light fixture that I rescued with the intention of taking it apart and reusing the glass…..now this is the 4th piece that I've done….the others were just entry way lights, much smaller to work with and to have hanging around…..NOT this one…..I kept moving it from one side of the room to another…..FINALLY I had enough space to work on it and got it torn apart in just a couple hours….reducing the space this puppy took to just a small shoe box size….hip hip hooray!
I was able to move the workstation over closer to the cutting saw…zip zap and it's done…..now I may have burnt up another Dremel….don't know yet…..it was smoking when I unplugged it but I'm hoping it cooled off and will work again….if NOT then this will be my 3rd Dremel that I've used up….not a good thing since this one was suppose to be much stronger and with it being electric I thought I wouldn't have the same issues…….soo keep your fingers crossed on that for me!
My plan for the glass is to us it for backings on some collage solder pieces I hope to start soon, especially since I now have some collage/painting space to work in AND have all my supplies close at hand!
Here's another photo…..this one is of my drafting table that I'm using for jewelry making…..all I need to do is get more of the blue tape labels replaced with the larger white ones so I'll know what's in the containers with just a glance……what do you think?  Pretty cool isn't it?  I just love this old piece of furniture …It's oak, nice and heavy…..only thing that I might change at some point is to have someone cut the top of the drafting table side and make it a flat surface…..I love the wood but things slide off if I don't watch it…..so I find myself using the little side area more!  But now that I have the other workstations I am not in any real hurry…..just something to think about if the opportunity come up, know what I mean?


I also got a chance to play with the Jewelry Junkie gals and did some form folding leaves that I plan on using some patinas on…….so I don't have any photos of them just yet!

I has been a very full and busy week…..but lots of things accomplished and I'm very please with the results!  I have touched every thing in this room, reduced several containers, combined many of the collections and even found some things that I thought were outside in the garage!

Today I went on the other side of the house and I attacked my closet…..pulled down the box of socks that I had saved, knowing I would need them in the winter….BUT I have gone to a different sock….the soul socks….and so I don't think I'll wear these other ones any more……. I got two bags….one for goodwill and the other for my granddaughter …..she seems to like funky things and might enjoy going thru the socks….if she doesn't want them I know they will pass them along…..the MAIN thing is that they are out of my closet and on to someone who can use them!!
I also pulled out all my old purses and plan on taking them to a consignment shop after I check with my girls to see if they want any of them……it felt great to get that stuff out of the closet….I now even have an empty box in there….maybe my winter clothes can go in it…..IF winter ever finally leaves us!!

Well I hope you all had as good of a week as I did and had time to play!
I'll say goodnight now and wish you a very creative week!!
Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. You should be please, that sounds like a lot. :-) Someone needs to go through my closet too... gaah!

    ReplyDelete