Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 9 of 52

TGIM……it's been such a fabulous day I have to say it again…..Thank God it's Monday!!
Whew I can't tell you what a productive week it's been……not in the normal since of art but in the since that I have created work space…..can't wait to show you my project today!!

Alright, Alright Alllright!
I see the photos on the iPad now let me check this computer….maybe that's the hitch!

Okay that seems to be the problem……I just hadn't waited to make sure they transferred over to this computer…….geez one of these days I'll get it, right?
Okay this was the project that I started today AND finished today…..hip hip hooray!!
I took a dolly from HF….it was too small for my work station……sooo today Manor and I went to Home Depot and got this wood cut…..gosh I just love those guys over at HD…..anyway got it done and came home and put it together!!
Here are some photos of the finished space!!

This is the work station sitting on top of the expanded dolly……it's almost high enough that I can stand easily or sit on a stool……now have to dig the studio stool out of the garage….but that's a project for when it's warmer!
Here's the top of this station……I'm already to solder….it's sooo exciting!!
Is that cool or what??
I even was able to get my antique desk lamp hooked up AND the bulbs still work after 7-8 years of being stored, pulled out, stored again…..then pulled out and left out til I could use it in this room!!
It may not be the best place for this lamp but after I get working I'll have to decide if it works here!!  Right now I'll be very grateful for the light!

Well that's about all I have to report on the ART room….it's still a work in progress!  I work in one area and find things that need to go over to the other side…..so then there is a pile of stuff to be put away on the paper/paint/stamp side……silly me to think I'll ever get this done…..a work in progress is the key idea here…..AND I've got work space to actually do some work in….so goal accomplished right??

We've had some real crazy weather here in North Texas….it was 80 degrees on Saturday and 12 degrees in less than 24 hours…..we had sleet coming down so that it looked like snow….just crazy!
With this cold weather I took the opportunity to do some cooking…..didn't want to get out so used up  stuff from the freezer……making a sweet potato stew with beef and pearl onions….sooo good!  Then tried the impossible coconut pie that I use to make a 100 years ago…..still as good as I remembered!
Lots of great and wonderful things this past week and some great plans for this coming week!
Hope you all have a good one yourself!
Create, Create and keep on Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment