Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 12 of 52

TGIM……...It's my Birthday……hip hip hooray !!
I had an incredible weekend with my boys and their sweeties and of course my sweetie!!
We were in Austin for the weekend……..had a wonderful BBQ at Z & A's house…..A did some fabulous ribs……braised in pickle juice then grilled…..Yum!
On Saturday AM they treated me to a massage, mani & pedi……I was totally pampered!
Then we did a Mom's happy hour…..A's Mom, her Aunt J and Me……she had the most Mom's……how about that!!  Dinner was at Eddie V's and I have to tell you, I had the best steak that I've ever had at a restaurant….and from what I could tell everyone had a really great meal, from soul, grouper to flounder and TX red fish……just the best!  T had a great time teasing the waiter, but think he got him back when T asked for chop sticks and the guy pulled out a pair……can you believe it???

Well enough of my Bday week…..let me show you some of the jewelry that I did……and the missing photos showed up so I'll show you those as well……how about that!!


Okay turn you head to the right……lay your ear down to your shoulder and this is the latest ring I did, heehee!



Here's the form folded leaves that I was telling you about last week…..I'm still thinking of adding some green or blue patina…..just haven't done it yet!


Here are the skull spoons after they were tumbled for a while…..they shine up really nice….now they are waiting for the scribe to do it's work….maybe later this week…..Maybe, if I get all my chores done before my next big weekend!!  I"ll tell you more in just a bit!


Okay heres the big honker ring that I made for Adrienne…but it was just a little too big for one finger and just a little to small for two other fingers…..soo it's back to the hammer and mandrel!!  The other one is one that I had made a while back….I was just comparing the two side by side to show how really big the other one is, heehee!!  Amanda loved it as well…..so it's a hit if I can ever get the sizing down right for everyone!!

Now for the big news…….I'm going to Bead Fest and I'm taking a PMC class….hope to make an organic ring or two….these will be for me or that is the plan right now!  I'll let you know how that turns out!
I had tried to get into two torch enameling workshops but hadn't decided until today AND they are both full……so am trying to get on a wait list just in case someone has to drop out!!  Keep your fingers crossed!!

WELL can you believe we're on the 12 week already??  It's hard for me to believe it myself!  I'm so excited that I'm going to tell all my Facebook friends to come and check it out!
Again I want to hear all the good, bad and wonderful…..so let me know what you are thinking, how I can improve and any suggestions you might have for me!!

I was looking for an inspirational quote to share with you but can't seem to find it right now…maybe I'll have to do two next week!! Maybe that's what I could use this magnetic board for, that I have over here by my computer……I'm looking at the board right now and I have a sign that says "YOU ROCK"

Sooo that's what I"ll say to all of you…….
                                                                      "YOU ROCK"
….now go and have a creative week and see you back here next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment