Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 19 of 52

Before I get started…..Hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day!!  I know I sure did!

Okay I'm sure you are totally confused……What happen to Week 18…..Welllllllll

Let me first start off by saying "Thank God it's Monday"….I'm soooo excited about this coming week…..lots of things to get caught up on!

Week 18…..was spent in VA…..helping my DIL with her Mother's house!
It was a huge project, but I'm proud to say we got it done…..or at least got done what we could!
We had two days of hard driving to get there, then four hard days, cleaning, sorting, packing and donating….then two long days to get back to Austin!!
Now I'm back home and ready to get back into the swing of things…….I just have to share a few photos

this was our popsicle breakfast……as we left VA


Our 2nd pile for pick up by Samaritan House


Here we are loaded and ready to hit the road……..


Take note of the cleared floor space…….it didn't last long, heehee!

I didn't get to do any of the fabulous antiquing that I had heard VA was well known for…..we were loaded down with some pretty special antiques…..and a number of boxes of very old photos and albums for Adrienne to continue her genealogy project……. just priceless!!

BUT I did get to stop and get my sweetie something special…..check it out


That's right MOONSHINE……What a hoot!  It's been legal to make Moonshine since 2009 and so then pops up a ton of makers!  Gary had told me about tasting some Apple Pie Moonshine the week before……so thought he could do his own tasting….compare North Carolina and South Carolina, Apple Pie Moonshine!  This is only two of the 6 bottles of assorted Moonshine I brought back!
Adrienne and I did stop at the Palmetto Moonshine shop in Anderson SC and did a bit of tasting ourselves……
We both liked the Margarita Moonshine…..so at our next gathering, we'll be trying it out, heehee!

Didn't get to do any art while I was away BUT did get some fabulous books to use in my collages…..I was imagining putting some surgical drawings along with some kids drawings…..sounded pretty cool when I was thinking and dreaming of the collage……so now that I'm unpacked I'll have to give it a try for one of my class projects!

Oh did I tell you I was doing a online Collage workshop…by one of my favorite collage artist, Randel Plowman (acollageaday.com)…of course I'm behind, but hope to get caught up this week….at least get lesson one done, heehee!  Just need to pull out ONE of my 10000 boxes of saved papers…..I'll keep you up on that progress!

Speaking of progress…..I've got my summer ART plans shaping up……I finish the last session at Brookhaven….then hope to take a couple more Craft Guild of Dallas classes then got a few more irons in the fire!  Looking forward to having some down time to play with what I have and the ideas that I've got popping…..so sit back and be ready to be entertained!!

Oh forgot to show you my bottle tree that is be FORCE to relocate………..the HOA ….. gotta love them!!  No taste…and way tooooo much time on their hands to even be concerned about this……but have no fear….I'll be giving them something to talk about in the future…..all in compliance!!


I'll leave you with this quote……..
                       "Some of the best days of your life haven't happened yet" by Zig Ziglar


This was what was welcoming us back home on the last of our drive from VA…….can't get any better than this!!
Go out and Create!!


No comments:

Post a Comment