Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 21 of 52

First  let me Quote President Harry S. Truman on this Memorial Day

"Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid.
They have earned our undying gratitude.
America will never forget their sacrifices."

For all those who have served our country, past and present…..thank you!  That's not enough, and you deserve much more…..but thank you again!

Well don't know about you, but I had a great week……..I finished up my classes at Brookhaven for now…..I'm off on other adventures as I've shared with you.  Still exploring but know for sure I'll be joining the Gem and Mineral Group in Arlington……I met a few of the members on Friday at the International Gem and Mineral show….loved their energy and am most excited to see what they do that I can incorporate into my jewelry…..I'll keep you informed as I progress.

Speaking of the International Gem and Mineral show…. I was able to go on Friday…came home with just a few treasures…..a couple cabs that I hope to add to some of my other stones….a few bali type focus pieces then of course I had to get a few more strands of beads…..geez when will I get to the point I have enough??  Probably never, heehee!  Now my goal is to use them…….sooo I was cursing Pinterest for ideas … think I have a few good ones…..sooo now it's all about getting started, right?

We were lucky to have two of our children (plus wife) come and stay with us on Friday…..we had a great time, sampled the Apple Pie Moonshine (well Z & A did) they both liked it but thought it would be better in the fall…..and apple pie is more of a fall thing!
As summer approaches we'll have to mix up the Margarita Moonshine….that's more of the summer type drinks!
We played in Grapevine on Saturday AM……went to the Farmers Market and then a wonderful little coffee/bakery shop on main street….and since we had all the dogs with us, we sat outside and enjoyed the sunny weather…and some of the best breakfast tacos…..yum!

Didn't do much in the way of ART this past week…..worked on several things but nothing was totally finished……except…..the Celtic knot bracelet ( the one Betty showed us how to do)…and since I had done two I was able to give one to Courtney for her big 40th Bday at her party…..she seemed to like it and I enjoyed sharing it with her!  (my photos again won't come up…will need to work on that AGAIN……geez sometimes I'm just more blond than what I've paid for, heehee)

This week was mared with sad news of an old friend (know Suzy for over 30 years)….she is not doing well with her cancer….it seems to have spread to her brain and lungs!  It's my hope that as she is moved into hospice that they give her enough drugs to keep her comfortable.

I've got a week off before my classes start at the Craft Guild so my plans are to get my plants, cleaned up, plant the new ones and replace the dead ones and paint my new washing machine tubs…..I'm trying to decide on what fun color to do them in…..right now I'm leaning towards Orange…..but I have  several cans of Turquoise so may just stitch to that …..but regardless they need a fresh coat on the old and color on the new…..fun fun fun!
Mother Nature is blessing us with a ton of rain, so I'm not complaining……I'll wait to paint til it's a bit warmer or at least dryer, heehee!  Enough other stuff to work on!

Okay that's about all folks…….until next time…….Create Create and then Create some more!
I'll leave you with this thought….

"What you need to understand is this….just because something's impossible,
doesn't mean you shouldn't do it"  Kassie Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment