Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 7 of 52

TGIM……..Boy you can say that again…….whew it's been a very full week!
I can't say it's been full of ART but it's been a busy one just the same!

Started last Monday off with more Winter weather up here in the DFW area…..ice on the roads, temps in the 20's… more expected for the 1st part of the week……SOOOOO I took advantage of that and stayed inside off the roads, working in the ART room……I hated to miss my jewelry class at Brookhaven….really missed the ladies…..but I wasn't interested in dealing with a wreck or anything like that!
As I told you last week I was making great progress…..was heading into sorting my beads and findings!  Well let me tell you as of 10 min ago I was STILL working on sorting out the beads and findings……I promise you it was like everything I touched multiplied by 10!  I get one set of boxes sorted…..then I get started in on another group and then that group had to be combined with the 1st group and that has gone on for a week now!  I did for a very short time have another cleared area….it didn't last long as I had to go look for something that was down at the bottom of everything else…..but when I put that back I was able to tighten it up a bit more and was able to get more things off the floor……such a great feeling to see cleared space on top and on the floor at the same time!!

I was able to join the Jewelry Junkies at a new location……we all had such a great time AND I finished our Valentine project!  I think it turned out really nice…….what do you think?



I'm not sure if you can tell but this piece is 3 different types of metal…….nickel silver, copper and brass….they are all textured either hammered or etched.  For some reason the nickel silver looks green in this photo…..but I promise you it's not!!

I just heard from a friend who is going to be doing a fund raiser for her lung surgery and I was thinking of donating this for an auction……is that something that is done?
Anyone out there have any experience with this kind of thing?
Well looks like this Monday is almost over with, so I'll say good night to one and all!

Til next week…..hope you all have a very Creative one!

1 comment: